Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mood Board: A Nursery For Briteny

A close friend of mine is expecting, so when she asked me for help with the nursery-well let's just say the excitement could hardly be contained!

She had some existing elements she wanted to use like some cherry furniture and pale yellow/green/blue bedding. She really loved all those colors and couldn't choose between them, so I found a way to work them all in without being too overwhelming. Working with a gender neutral theme, here's what I suggested.

1- Some sheer blue curtains will let in light and balance the dark furniture.

2- A sweet little green lamp is fun and functional!

3- Baby animal wall art incorporates all the colors, while remaining gender neutral.

4- A cherry wood glider is comfy for mom and baby.

5- A blue and green polka dot accent rug incorporates more color into the room.

6- Paint, my favorite! She was planning on adding some chair rail, so I suggested the lighter yellow (Lively Yellow) on top, while adding some fun stripes with the darker color (Mellow Yellow) below the rail (both colors are Behr).

I can't wait to see the results, and I'll be sure to post pictures!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment