Thursday, September 16, 2010

To Paint Or Not To Paint

Hmmmm, that is the question I'm asking myself these days with regards to my kitchen cabinets. Although they are in near perfect condition, the light wood veneer and lackluster style screams contractor special.



Adding hardware did help, but I'd really like to add more custom touches. Since I love to cook and entertain, I want it to reflect my style and personality.

Fortunately, the kitchen and dining area really do need to be repainted. I didn't do a great job in the first place, and now that I've repainted most of the other rooms (with improved technique) in the house, the red accent walls stick out as less than stellar.

And then there's the fact that I'm just  bored with the red/black bistro look. It has been 3 1/2 years, maybe it's time for a change. I'd love to do a new wall color and add a tile backsplash. I suppose the colors I choose for these projects will determine whether or not I should paint the cabinets.

I do love a classic white kitchen...



But other colors are appealing as well.




So, what do you think? Should I paint the cabinets? If so, what color? What wall color do you like for the kitchen and dining areas?


2 comments:

Alex said...

I've always been a fan of the classic white as well but I'm really feelin' that second to last picture and its color combos. The sage-y green and yellow, I think, would look awesome with the other colors in your casa. xo, Rachael!

Rachael said...

Thanks Alex, I do love a sage-y green as well, and since I failed at my attempt to get that in the living room maybe I'll succeed in the kitchen LOL!

Post a Comment