Monday, August 9, 2010

Drop Cloth Curtains Strike Again

I finally got around to creating another pair of drop cloth curtains for the living room. If you're having a similar love affair with this oh-so-textured linen knock-off, check out your local Home Depot or Lowes for what's called a "bonus" or "contractor pack" of the 6'x9' variety. It's literally 2 for the price of 1.

So for $9.97 in fabric and a $12.99 (86"-120") curtain rod from Ross, we now have a gorgeous, custom pair of curtains dressing our living room picture window.

But, before I reveal the new look, let's check out the totally blah old look.

before painter's drop cloth curtains

And now, the dramatic after.

painters canvas drop cloth curtains-1


painters drop cloth curtains-2


You'll also notice we added a storage ottoman to round out our living room furniture. It's great for keeping those throw blankets or quickly stashing items out of Millie's reach on the way out the door (she loves books).

I just have to add some tie back hooks, and the living room will be done (for now!)

6 comments:

Chritie Gait said...

I love these! I want to do some for my bare windows all over my house. I love your ideas!

Rachael said...

Christie-you totally should try it! It's so easy! I'll even come by and help if you want :)

Sandy Walters said...

do you have to hem them?

Rachael said...

Nope, they float perfectly just off the floor...one of the advantages of making your own and using the drop cloths-they have finished edges :)

Van said...

Beautiful curtains! And I love storage ottomans. Need to find/invest in one, one day...

Rachael said...

It's been great to have one, instant clean up hahaha!

Post a Comment