Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Family Affair



I figured I'd take a moment to tell you a little more about the people and animals who live in my lovely-crafty-home.




Well, there's me of course. I actually grew up in Asheville, NC and went away to college in DC. I became a Mechanical Engineer (I know, right?!) Six years later I moved back to Asheville with my then-boyfriend-now husband, Mike. Now I run a business from home, and spend time doing projects for this blog!




Here we have my daytime companion and first born child the most awesome dog in the world, Millie. She's our 3 year old Boxer- obviously quite the ham.






Millie doesn't respect personal space. At all.







My husband Mike (a.k.a. Millie's pillow) is from NY originally, we met while we were both living and working in the DC metro area. He's also an engineer, of the electrical variety. I know, we're soooo cute.




Speaking of cute, does it get any better than this? From left to right: Lily, Millie, Magic, and Malcolm.








Which brings me to the final member of our family, my brother Ryan.






Most people say that we look alike, what do you think? Ryan makes beer- really. He's a professional beer-maker, which is why he and Mike get along so great.






Together we're one happy gang making the most of our home!







7 comments:

tellerallaboutit said...

Can I just say??? Millie and my dog Maggie would probably get along great!! Cuddle-bugs, those, two!! What a cutie-pie!

Rachael said...

Haha they probably would!

Betty said...

Adorable pictures. That big dog is really a pussy cat. :) Aren't you lucky to be living in Asheville. Such a beautiful place.

Rachael said...

Betty- Thanks, she totally is just a big cat, she even grooms herself! We love it here in Asheville!

Rachael said...

Angela- it wasn't easy at first! There were adjustments every time we brought a new animal in. But it's been about 2 years since all 4 have been together and they really love each other now! :) I think it helps that the type of dog we have (Boxer) doesn't really have a high chase/prey drive.

dogsmom said...

Nice to get to know you all. Thanks for linking up to Donna's About Me party.

Pamela said...

Thanks for sharing your story. Really loved reading about your home, the people in your life and your sweet little (some big) animals! Nice to meet you.

Post a Comment