Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Fresh Flowers

A couple of months ago I started helping out part time at a local wedding/event florist, Blossoms At Biltmore Park. They do amazing work, and as a former bride not too long ago, it's been awesome to learn the behind the scenes work.

One of the major perks of this job is when you go back after the wedding, and all the beautiful flowers are up for grabs (except when they are donated sometimes). Yesterday we set up a wedding on the Biltmore Estate at Deerpark. I had my eye on some hot pink peonies on the cocktail tables. I just love everything about this flower: the brilliant colors it comes in, the smell, the way it goes from a teeny tiny ball into a flower with soft-like-a-cotton-puff voluminous petals. It just so happened that my brother was doing the break down after the wedding last night, and I asked ever so kindly for some of those hot pink peonies.

Look what I found when I got up this morning!



Yes ladies, he's single!

Psssst...Peonies are one of those flowers that can look great in silk, check that out here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment