Sunday, June 27, 2010

Nooks and Cranies

Today we started work on our basement, it's a nice large space with huge potential that has been used mostly as Mike's workshop. Recently we decided we could make better use of the space, organize a little, and perhaps finish part of it. The first step was moving things around to get an idea of a good layout.

We made use of some Goodwill cabinets to create a laundry nook.



A new coat of paint freshened things up, along with a plywood counter top painted white to complete the look.




Here we are with the upper cabinet installed and new hardware. You'll notice I'm missing a knob on one cabinet-that's because I recycled these knobs from this desk into this dresser and now these cabinets. I'm hoping to find a match tomorrow.



I like the "built in" look, which will be complete when I fill the gap below the cabinet. Eventually we'll also put drywall up on those studs, but for now it keeps all our laundry items hidden!

1 comments:

Sandy Walters said...

that looks really cool, I love the in between cabinet. What a find those cabinets were!

Post a Comment