Sunday, June 20, 2010

A New Life For A TV Cart

Truth be told, I'm not sure what this piece of furniture is. But, the price was right at $4-I knew I could find some use for it! As it turns out, I would end up needing a place to keep a TV in my office for when guests stay there. The lackluster finish left a lot to be desired, and it would need some work before taking its place in my new and improved office space.



It came to me on wheels, which I promptly removed. I sanded the existing laminate like finish with some 150 grit, just to give the primer something to stick to. After 2 coats of primer and 3 coats of white paint, I distressed the edges and corners to give it a bit more character. Even though it's not a traditional piece, I wanted it to fit in with the rest of my cottage inspired decor. Once the cart is dry, I'll put it upstairs to hold the TV.

Here's the finished product:

0 comments:

Post a Comment