Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Old Painted Cottage

Ever since my office desk makeover, I've been coveting the shabby chic/cottage-y look. It seems like I'm completely converting my modern decor into something more classic and refined.

Don't  get me wrong, there is absolutely nothing wrong with modern! I think for most people it's a great place to start. Trendy items in the big box stores make it quite accessible to even the most I-can't-paint-my-way-out-of-a-box challenged people. But when you're decorating your first place, it's easy to get caught in the matchy-matchy look when everything is coordinated. You know what I mean- the bathroom sets with shower curtains, towels, soap pump, and trash can...or a complete bedroom set. If you're guilty of this, don't sweat it...I am too!

When I first had the idea for this blog, it was because I felt like I wanted to break out of the mold a little bit. I was bored of my ho-hum style. I was craving more interesting surroundings, comprised of items I had handpicked, reworked, or made. So I started reading blogs to jump start my motivation and inspire me.

Well this blog rocks my socks off!! It is exactly the kind of interesting, everything-in-my-house-has-a-story kind of blog. I love how her house looks put together, but not stuffy. There's a fine line between cottage and estate, and I definitely like to stay on the bright and fresh side of the line.

Totally inspired!

0 comments:

Post a Comment