Thursday, June 3, 2010

Tutorial: Monogram Art



Here is the first of what I hope will be many tutorials. I learned A LOT of what I know from other bloggers, so now it's time to pay it forward.







Materials List



  • Scrapbooking paper (you can buy single sheets or whole books at the craft store)

  • Canvas or wood block in the size you want

  • Spray adhesive/glue

  • Matte Mod Podge for finishing (optional)







If your paper and canvas are not the same size, cut the paper to fit. My sheets were 8x8, so I bought 8x8 canvases for a perfect fit without alteration :) Decide on a font and size for your letters and print them out accordingly. Cut out your letters and set them aside. Using spray adhesive or Mod Podge, glue the scrapbook paper to your canvas. Be careful to smooth out air pockets, these will come back to haunt you! Once dry, glue on your letters in the same manner. For a polished finish, you can coat the whole canvas with Mod Podge.


3 comments:

Jen-blessedmomto8 said...

VERY COOL AND PRETTY!

Kara from Kara's Korner said...

Cute!! I have yet to try my hand at mod podge, but I might have to soon!

Rachael said...

Jen-Thanks for dropping by to comment! I really appreciate it!

Post a Comment