Monday, June 21, 2010

Progress In The Office

You may have been following my office/guestroom makeover (check out this post and this post to get you up to speed).

Well here is a little peek at what it used to look like...talk about industrial. The space had absolutely no personality, and my organizational skills were severely lacking.



After some new homemade curtains, a few furniture makeovers, and the addition of the bookshelf (previously residing in the basement) my husband made, it's finally coming together...sorta.

I still need to put up some blinds, which I did purchase today. I am also raising the curtain rod, then hemming the curtains to pool lightly on the floor. I think that's such a sweet and romantic look.



I added some accessories like a tall bluish-green tin vase (Michaels for $6.99 after 50% off coupon) for some dried curly willow stems, and a perfect little desk lamp (Walmart score for $10!) I snagged some blue and yellow paper weave baskets on sale at A.C. Moore for $4.00/each. You can see one of my monogram art plaques housed temporarily on the shelf (I made these for the still-in-progress photo collage above our bed).

What do you think so far?

0 comments:

Post a Comment