Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Good Night (stand) and Good Luck.

As the bedroom makeover continues, I was looking for new nightstands for us. Currently we only have one, and it's one of those particle board beauties that I painted a few years back. After staining my dresser, I wanted to have real wood nightstands that I could stain to match. Imagine my shock and awe when this handmade treasure-in-hiding popped up on Craigslist for...............wait for it...........$10!


I love the shape of it, as well as the fact that it's the right height for our raised bed. Aside from the cracking finish, it was in otherwise perfect shape. I was planning on sanding and staining it anyway, so I considered myself lucky that some of the work was done for me :)

I followed the same procedure as the dresser I stained because they are going in the same room. Of course I removed the doors and hinges and stained them separately.


Here is a peek at the (mostly) finished product. Try to imagine it in front of a neutral colored wall!



When I decide on new hardware for the dressers, I will replace the brass hardware on the nightstand.

****Linked Up****



5 comments:

LaVoice said...

What an amazing job you did on this night stand. It looks really nice in your bedroom.

Tara said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I cannot believe that is the same table. That is AMAZING! It looks wonderful. And actually, I like the color of the wall behind it, lol! Happy VTT!

Anna Matthews said...

Amazing job - it looks great!

Rachael said...

Thanks for stopping by Tara!

Rachael said...

Thanks so much Anna!

Post a Comment