Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Dressing Bench

I picked up this sad creature a few weeks ago and finally got a chance to transform it.


This sad excuse for a bench was covered in cobwebs and about an inch of filth. But nothing would stop me from realizing its potential. Armed with some drop cloth fabric (like I upholstered this stool with) and some Krylon "Avocado" spray paint, I made over this bench to use at the foot of our bed. Paired with a textured white runner, I think it screams "Sit here and tie your shoes!"

4 comments:

Sandy Walters said...

I can't believe there isn't a cat on it saying ha ha Millie, no room for you!

Rachael said...

They probably will sit there when they figure out where it went to (I had it downstairs for awhile and they sat in it quite a bit.)

Julie Thomas said...

That is beautiful. I love your blog, and often read it just to take a short break.

Rachael said...

Thanks Julie! I love to write it, so I'm glad people love to read it :)

Post a Comment