Friday, July 16, 2010

Project Clutter

We all have one of those places- a drawer, cabinet or  shelf that we just throw all our clutter in to hide it away. Well maybe you don't, but I certainly do.



After the initial shock, I emptied the entire contents of the cabinet onto the counter.


Sheesh, it's gotta get worse before it gets better, right? I began sorting and came up with a few categories of items:


1. Recipes/Cooking Booklets


2. Office type stuff that we use a lot: tape, pens, pencils, batteries


3. Stationary/envelopes for letter writing as well as mail that we haven't sorted.


I grabbed a plastic paper organizer from upstairs that I wasn't using, and readjusted the shelves to allow for the height. I corralled the tape and batteries in a little basket, and the pens/pencils in an extra pot I had around. I created an area for stationary and mail.



I even had space left to keep our extra grocery store bags (we have the reusable kind, but need these for cat litter cleanup so every other week we'll make a trip without the totes). Our lunchboxes (how cute!) moved to the top shelf from the pantry which freed up a lot of room in there!


Now I challenge you to tackle that junk drawer or cabinet! You'll feel much better if you do!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm in awe. And inspired. If only I just had one.

Rachael said...

Haha! I only showed you one...but there are more, don't worry!

Post a Comment