Friday, July 2, 2010

Seating For Any Occasion

Remember those two Ikea "Lack" side tables I picked up at Goodwill for $11.00? Just in time for my Eclipse party tomorrow (more on this next week), I re-purposed them as ottomans for extra seating. A coat of primer, 3 coats of Krylon's "Pebble", and here they are topped with two Smith and Hawken pillows also from Goodwill ($2/ea).

The before...so sad! The laminate was peeling, and I had no use for these as side tables.



But now, the lighter and more functional after:



Our old beat up TV console leaves a lot to be desired flanked with these, so we'll be replacing it with a build-it-yourself version of this in the coming weeks.

2 comments:

Sandy Walters said...

they look great, but I think I mentioned using them for seating, lol
whose team are you on....

Rachael said...

Haha, I had already thought of it-trust me!

Post a Comment