Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Wall of Fame

As our bedroom makeover continues (read more here), I am slowly incorporating new projects into the room. I've been working on a sort of gallery wall for above the bed which will feature some monogram art and black and white pictures in white frames.

But the frames didn't start out white, I collected them at Goodwill and other thrift stores and spray painted them for a cohesive look.



After painting, I bought some mattes and printed out some of my favorite pictures. Then I laid them out in several different arrangements before settling on one I liked. It's a little bit asymmetrical, which I think adds interest.



Of course it ended up a bit different on my wall. I'd recommend getting a large sheet of paper or piece of cardboard and laying out your frames on it. Mark all the hangers, and then you can transfer to your wall easily for a perfect match. I didn't have anything large enough so I just decided to wing it and ended up with this:





I think I'll add some smaller things like a wedding invitation and other trinkets when I decide how to mount them. But for now, I love it!

***Linked Up***


under the table and dreaming

3 comments:

Janet said...

Very nice! I can't get over the difference in all the rooms you have been working on. It has really come together nicely. Can't wait to see what is next!

Rachael said...

Thanks!! It's been a long process, but slowly but surely I'll get it all done!

Sandy Walters said...

wow, it really looks great, love the different frame shapes...the paint shade really worked out well

Post a Comment