Wednesday, July 14, 2010

House Tour: Downstairs Bathroom

It's not the most exciting room in the house, but it's the one I want to make over the least so here goes it!



I used Sherwin Williams "Sprout" on the walls in an eggshell finish and paired it with cranberry and dark wood. This vanity used to be the light oak contractor special, but got a touch of sophistication with the help of Minwax Dark Walnut stain. Of course I'd LOVE a pedestal sink, but it's just not in the cards right now. I also framed the mirror with a great product at Lowes called MirrEdge. It really pulled everything together.



A simple waffle weave black curtain hangs in front of the tub/shower, and a tan roman shade gives privacy (much needed, you could totally have a conversation with the neighbors in there).

I'm not saying I won't ever change this room, but I've been happy with it for the past 3 years!

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Are they real wood or veneered? Mine were veneered, but I was able to rough them up enough to get the stain to stick...it did take about 5 coats though to completely cover it. Generally it's not a good idea to stain the fake stuff, but painting can turn out great!! I wish I had a before shot :( It really wasn't bad, it was just that our bathrooms looked exactly the same so I ended up doing something to each one to differentiate them.

Sandy Walters said...

love those plates, where did you get them lol

Maya said...

I don't know what it is to tell you truth. We want to dark cabinets though. They are like a medium oak in color and they are very ugly, but a kitchen remodel is very expensive so if I can find a way around it that would be nice :)

Post a Comment